At FirstCity Bank of Commerce we realize financial losses due to check fraud and white collar crime are a reality. To curb this activity we offer Positive Pay, a check monitoring service that we feel is an integral part of business banking.
Positive Pay is an automated fraud detection tool offered by FirstCity Bank of Commerce. In its simplest form it is a service that matches account number, check number and dollar amount of each check presented for payment against a list of checks previously authorized and issued by the company. All these components of the check must match exactly or it will not pay without the approval of you, the client.
Additionally Positive Pay provides you an increased level of security for your account at our teller line. Before cashing checks against your account with our Positive Pay feature, FirstCity Bank of Commerce teller systems will compare presented items to your most recent Positive Pay file. This will reduce the likelihood of unauthorized checks being cashed against your account.
The benefits to our Positive Pay clients are:
- Peace of mind by reducing fraud exposure
- Service provides cost justification with just one fraud detection
- Check imaging software allowing clients to view exception items
- Works with most accounting systems and spread sheet applications
- Suitable for any size business or organization
- Automated E-Mails of presented items that do not match Positive Pay file
- On line management of unmatched items enabling pay/return decisions